The LINK II is optimised for audio playback. Using advanced technologies designed to remove noise from the outset, avoiding the need for excessive filtering which can restrain sound quality. Replacing a noisy PC or laptop with the LINK II to stream your music files reveals a lot of hidden detail.
Super Clean Power Supply
Power supplies are essential to energise circuits and make electronics work. Everything starts with power. However, if they are not implemented well, they can add noise and distortion.
Stack Audio’s approach is two staged. The first stage is the VOLT – a separate external linear DC power supply. This removes background noise, revealing subtle details often masked by generic switch-mode power supplies. The second stage is an advanced, low noise, power supply stage inside the LINK.
- UK made precision wound Toroidal transformer
- Audio grade capacitors and connectors
- Noise suppression filters on both the input and output signals
- Precision machined aluminium case
- Transformer mounted on an isolation plate incorporating AVDC
- High-quality star-quad geometry connecting cable provides protection against EMI and mains borne interference
- Three independent switching regulators are synchronized to the audio clock. This ensures that the fluctuations of the switching circuit are in time with that of the audio clock reducing fluctuations and noise interference
- Nine organic low resistance capacitors help filter and purify the power
- A triple linear regulated circuit purifies remaining noise
- The USB audio output and clock circuit has its own independent power rail
Ultra-low Noise Clock
The clock inside a streamer is essentially where the music signal begins so accuracy is key. Instead of using a standard clock, the LINK II uses a discrete clock circuit designed with low phase noise within the audio band.
In the world of digital audio, multiple clocks running at different speeds cause noise and jitter problems. We typically hear this as an edgy or brittle quality to the sound. To avoid this, the LINK II uses an ultra-low phase noise oscillator powered by an exceptionally clean supply. The ethernet, USB and the PSU are synchronised to the master clock, resulting in one coherent and extremely accurate device. This ensures that the fluctuations of the switching circuit are in time with that of the audio clock, reducing noise.
Solid Aluminium Case
The LINK II is a pure digital system housed in a solid CNC machined aluminium case enclosed with EMI absorbing material. This ensures noise does not escape and enter the analogue domain nor does noise enter and affect the clock circuit.
The LINK II is designed to be as easy to use as possible. You do not need to download new software or learn a new control app to make it work. You can continue to use your favourite and familiar software to control and send music to the LINK II. The LINK II works as an endpoint for the following protocols/programs
- Roon (Roon Ready certified) 60 day trial included
- Airplay® (Shairport-Sync )
- Spotify® (Librespot)
Can’t decide on your control software? Click here to find out more.
- Power circuitry is synchronized to the USB audio clock
- Ethernet input is synchronized to the USB audio clock
- Multi-stage ultra-low noise linear regulated power circuit
- USB audio optimized output provides jitter free audio layback
- The advanced clock circuitry re-clocks any USB input
- Machined from a solid billet of aluminum
- Incorporates EMI absorbing material to remove internal EMI
- The mass of the case dissipates air-borne vibration
- Incorporates AVDC vibration trap
- 1 x dedicated USB audio output
- HDMI out (not i2s, or used)
- Airplay® (Shairport-Sync)
- Spotify® (Librespot)
- HQPlayer (coming soon)
- Lossless: DSF (DSD), DIFF (DSD), DoP (DSD) DoP and Native DSD up to DSD 256
- PCM Lossless: FLAC, Apple Lossless (ALAC), WAV, AIFF Compressed (lossy) Audio: MP3, AAC (in M4A container) MQA (only if DAC supports hardware unfolding) PCM up to 384 kHz /32 bits
- Finish : Available in anodised silver or black
- Dimensions: 174mm(W), 140mm (D), 25mm (H), 1kg (without external power supply)
- 2 x USB inputs (Future use)
- 1 x USB B detox input
- Ethernet input
- 18v 1amp- 1.5amp DC input
Get in Touch
Europe: +44 (0)1626 24 9005
USA +1 (866) 232 7610