SERENE Full Set
Chose the Stack Audio SERENE Full Set of upgrades for a complete overhaul of your LP12. Removing masking vibrations and colourations you hear more detail, more focus and a bigger soundstage.
- Free worldwide shipping
- 30 day money back guarantee
Set comprises SERENE Top Plate, SERENE Baseboard, Sub-Chassis, Arm Board and Cross-brace. Choose Linn/Ittok, Rega, Rega 3 point, and SME arm mountings. Supplied with all necessary fixings. Set price includes 5% set discount on buying the items separately.
- SERENE Top Plate is precision machined from 2 x 1.5mm hardened steel sheet with AVDC bonding layer for vibration dissipation
- SERENE Baseboard is Precision cut anodised from 2 layers of aluminium with AVDC laminate that effectively dissipates vibration. Supplied with height adjustable feet
- SERENE Sub-Chassis is machined from Solid Surface with honeycomb structure will not warp over time
- SERENE Arm Board machined from Solid Surface and polished to a high gloss piano black finish. Sub-Chassis attachment holes have threaded brass inserts for rigid long-lasting fixings
- SERENE Cross-brace consists of a stainless steel outer bracket with AVDC laminated strengthening plate for vibration dissipation
- Top Plate and Cross-brace fit all plinths
- Compatible AC and DC motors
- Baseboard is not compatible with Urika phono stages
- Cross-brace supports Majik, Valhalla and Hercules internal power supplies; Lingo 1-3 and Naim Armageddon connector boards; and Lingo 4 power supply board
- Sub-Chassis supplied with Cirkus bearing adaptor
- Linn/Ittok, Rega, Rega 3 point, and SME arm mountings
Installation of the SERENE Full Set requires a full strip down and re-build of the LP12. This is an opportunity to check the condition of all components and service or upgrade them as necessary. A professional strip and re-build typically takes between 2 and 3 hours. Stack Audio’s approved dealers can carry out this service as well as all trained LP12 service engineers. SAFETY NOTICE It is essential that you unplug your LP12 from the mains before beginning work. Internal power supplies like the Valhalla carry live high voltages; the on/off switch merely disconnects the motor from the power supply which is still live when connected to the mains.
Chris Kelly, the-ear.net In due course I swapped the players and went through the same pile of albums. Within a few short minutes I felt that I had moved into a much more grown up world of sound. The bare LP12 had acquitted itself well, but the Serene equipped one had a much more solid, three-dimensional sound signature. Crucially it drew me into the music far more than the standard one, and I found three hours had elapsed in my first listening session with no sense of fatigue on my part. It was surprisingly close to the performance of my own much more expensively equipped LP12. http://www.the-ear.net/how-to/stack-audio-serene-lp12-upgrade Rick Becker, enjoythemusic.com The real value of the Serene mods is in the listening experience. The increase in resolution has led to such a relaxing experience that not only do the speakers disappear (as they did previously), but the entire system disappears and I connect directly with the music. If my imagination didn’t run wild thinking of the next big mod, I could easily call this an end game. All this is said in the context of a very fine, but not outrageously priced rig. Let me throw cold water on my own parade here and caution that you will not likely experience such outstanding results with entry level gear. Yet that is exactly where I started with my Linn back in 1991. I wish I had come across such mods back then. I’ve played thousands of LPs on the old girl and with the addition of the Serene mods, she’s never sung better. In another couple of years we’ll hit our 30th anniversary together. We’ll have to throw a party — maybe even sooner! http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0719/Stack_Audio_Linn_LP12_Turntable_Tweaks_Review.htm
|Platform Set||Structure Set||Full Set||ULTIMATE Structure Set||ULTIMATE Full Set|
|SERENE Top Plate|
|ULTIMATE Top Plate|