LINK II and LINK Linear PSU 18v 1.5amp
- LINK II
LINK II The LINK II is a bridge between music files from all sources and a DAC with a USB connection. Music files can be...... Read More
The LINK II is a bridge between music files from all sources and a DAC with a USB connection. Music files can be on PCs and laptops, connected NAS drives on home networks with carefully archived CD libraries, internet radio and subscription services like Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify. The LINK II can take all these files and feed them into an existing hi-fi system.
LINK Linear PSU
Stack Audio is happy to announce that the LINK Linear PSU is now ready and available to order. The PSU has taken over a year of intense and extensive development. Great attention to detail has been taken in every aspect of the power supply be that from the component selection and electrical design through to eliminating vibration.
Why a linear power supply?
Switching mode power supplies produce ‘noise’ which is typically transmitted as a high-frequency waveform that can mask and distort the actual information package (digital signal). This noise is unwanted energy that easily migrates onto parts of the circuit where it’s not wanted. The LINK and LINK II has extensive regulation and re-clocking circuits to do just this. Avoiding the introduction of power supply noise in the first place makes life easier for the LINK’s circuits which are also working on cleaning the input signal from the source components such as PCs, laptops and local network drives.
Current offer: £350 when purchased with a LINK II, the LINK & LINK Linear PSU bundle comes with the traditional switch mode power supply so you can audition the two.
The output is connected by cable to a USB equipped DAC. If your system doesn’t have a DAC with a USB input, the AudioQuest Dragonfly Cobalt is an excellent way to use a LINK II connecting directly to the line inputs of an amplifier.
The LINK II can also reclock a USB input from a USB 2 compatible MAC/Computer or laptop.
- Airplay® (Shairport-Sync)
- Spotify® (Librespot)
- HQPlayer (coming soon)
- Bluetooth (Comming soon)
Supported Audio File formats:
- Lossless: DSF (DSD), DIFF (DSD), DoP (DSD)
- PCM Lossless: FLAC, Apple Lossless (ALAC), WAV, AIFF Compressed (lossy) Audio: MP3, AAC (in M4A container) MQA (only if DAC supports hardware unfolding)
LINK Linear PSU
- AC Input
- 100-120V AC 50-60hz 50va
- 220-240v AC 50-60hz 50va
- DC Output
- 18v 1.5amp
- LINK II
- Multi-stage ultra-low noise linear regulated power circuit
- USB audio optimized output provides jitter-free audio playback
- Advanced clock circuitry re-clocks any USB input
- Machined from a solid billet of aluminium
- 1 x USB B detox input, Ethernet input
- 1 x dedicated USB audio output
- Ships with external 18v DC power supply
- LINK Linear PSU
- UK made precision wound Toroidal transformer
- Audio grade capacitors
- Noise suppression filters on both the output and input signal
- Precision machined aluminium enclosure
- Transformers vibrate. Vibration adds distortion. The LINK PSU uses an elevated AVDC (advanced vibration dispation) platform to eliminate vibration
- Better isolation from the mains
- High quality connectors
The LINK II acts as a bridge between digital music files and existing hi-fi systems. It delivers uncompromised, jitter-free, music playback. Included in this bundle is the new 18v 1.5amp Linear PSU for the LINK and LINK II Digital Network Bridge.